Hi everyone! I am back with another brand review. I wanted to do a review much earlier than this. Unfortunately, I had a really awful skin allergy that sprung up about a week after filming my Bellami review. And I still have a fair bit of these rashes, though they’re no longer as itchy as they were a couple weeks ago.
So today’s review is on one of my most favourite, and my most prized, hair extensions set: Hair Secrets.
As you can see, Hair Secrets is definitely one of my most favorite brands! Here’s my video review of this set. As with my previous review, I talk mainly about hair quality and the weft make in the video, and the rest of the details can be found in the meat of my blog post below.
Hair Secrets offers only 1 length – 20 inches, but in 2 volume packages:
- The For Fine Hair set comes in a white box and is ideal for fine to medium hair texture. This is AU$169.
- The Ultimate Volume set comes in a black box, as in the photo above. It’s the set that I own, and costs AU$199
The weight of each option is not published on the site, but I recall reading on their Facebook feed that the Fine Hair set is 120g, while the Ultimate Volume set is about 190g.
Site Quality and Ordering Process
- Hair Secrets is a salon quality brand of hair extensions, and because it’s a “pro” brand, you can really see that in the design of their website, which is clean, pretty and looks like a real legit e-commerce site.
- Hair Secrets has 2 different sites: the Australian site, and an American site for international orders. I don’t think you can order from the AU site, and anyway, why would you want to? The pricing difference is crazy, and I think the AU site pricing probably includes hair dressing services to professionally blend the extensions into your own hair.
- There’s tons of colors to choose from, 30 shades, including various highlight and lowlight combinations, so there’s really a shade in there for everyone.
- The down side of having so many shades, I guess, is that ensuring all of these shades are properly stocked takes forever! Many of the darker brown shades are perpetually out of stock. I ordered my set back in January. It’s a shade lighter than what I wanted to get. It’s now April, and the shade I wanted has only been restocked now.
- As I previously mentioned, neither the AU site, nor the international site publishes the weight of the hair and that really sorta keeps you guessing on what you really need, especially if your own hair is more on the medium thickness, not really fine but not really thick or voluminous. My recommendation is, of course, to just choose the set with more hair, because you can just reduce the number of wefts you put on your head.
- Rating: 4.5 stars
- Expedited shipping with tracking from Australia to Singapore is 2 weeks, and I think that’s pretty standard.
- I’ve also seen a 3-day processing time to before the hair actually gets shipped out from their facility, so in all, it’s a good 2 and half weeks to get to me.
- Shipping fee is $19, and definitely on the more expensive side, as other Australian companies I’ve purchased from offered free shipping.
- There are coupons for free shipping in some of the Youtube reviews for this brand, so go search it out! 🙂
- Rating: 4 stars
- This brand’s packaging is un-frickin-beatable! It comes in a super cute luxurious box, and inside, it’s packaged in a black silk organza bag. Perfect!!
- Rating: 5 stars
- The shade I purchased is It Was All A Dream, which is a medium brown with red undertones. In other companies, this would probably be a #4 shade. Maybe slightly lighter. This shade is actually too light for me, though it’s hardly noticeable in photos. I really wanted Celebrity Meltdown, but it was out of stock when I ordered, and I’m impatient, so this is what I got.
- The hair quality is super soft, incredibly silky and so so smooth! This is the silkiest, smoothest hair extensions set that I own, and in terms of that type of hair quality, the only other brand I own that matches this is Headkandy.
- The hair shaft of these extensions are thick and blends so perfectly with my own hair, which is also very thick!
- Hair Secrets is one of the few double drawn extension sets that I own – this means all the hair are a single length, which guarantees that I get hair as thick at the tips as it is at the top!
- Strangely enough, even though this is so smooth and silky, the hair seems to be very prone to tangling. And when it does get tangled, it gets impossibly snarled and I normally have to take a few minutes to pick the snarls apart with my fingers before brushing through the hair. That’s not bad though, because it tends to get tangled in with my own hair, which is probably the source of the bad tangling (my hair was previously permed, so yeah, prone to tangles!)
- This extension set has a blunt cut, so all the hair is a single length and it may look a bit unnatural when you clip them in and don’t get it professionally blended. Hair Secrets recommends bringing the extensions to your stylist to get them professionally blended. Obviously, I didn’t do this, because I don’t really like anyone snipping locks off my precious extensions, and in fact, I do really love these blunt cut sets.
- Rating: 4.5 stars
Clip & Weft Quality
- The clips are not the tiny, super unnoticeable clips that I have in most other sets I own. It’s a little larger than the clips even on my Headkandy set (those have medium-sized clips). They’re also stamped with the brand, so you’ll never forget it’s Hair Secrets 😉 But even if these are a bit on the larger side, they really grip onto my hair really well! No slipping off at all!
- There’s lace backing and good, sturdy stitching on all of the wefts.
- The clips are sewn at the top and sides to make sure they don’t flip flop on your head, and because they’re sewn on so securely, the extension wefts really lie flat against my head even though the slips are a bit on the larger side.
- There are 7 wefts in total in the Ultimate Volume set, and wearing all of them in my head makes for the most even distribution of hair possible.
- Rating: 5 stars
So obviously, from the ratings on each category, you can tell that I love love love these extensions! They’re superb quality that I just can’t find any other set that matches these. I do wish the restocking period was shorter than the 3 months it took to restock the color I originally wanted. And of course, this set is really on the pricy side. But I think I definitely got what I paid for and in fact, I’ve finally ordered the Celebrity Meltdown set that I wanted to get! Here’s to hoping I get it before my May holiday trip to Manila. I’m raring to wear this set when I go back to see my boyfriend!
Overall rating: 5 stars – I got what I paid for!